Can I get a Second Opinion?

If you disagree with your treating doctor’s opinion about your work injury, you can seek a qualified medical evaluation where a doctor under the medical speciality requested will perform a physical examination and comment on key issues in workers’ compensation including:
  1. Whether the injury or injuries were indeed caused during work;
  2. The need for surgery or consultations from other specialists (such as a neurologist);
  3. Apportionment, which is how much of the injury was due to work;
  4. Impairment* percentage; and
  5. If your condition has more or less stabilized.

*Defined by the American Medical Association’s Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, impairment is “a loss, loss of use, or derangement of any body part, organ system, or organ function.”

If you disagree with your qualified medical examiner’s report, as this is a crucial piece of evidence in your overall case, please contact Ferchland Law Office today for a free consultation.